Possible Salt Marsh Sparrow !!!

Jacob Hoag

May 26, 2015, 3:31:42 PM5/26/15
to nhb...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone

This morning around 9:00 am Dillon Tavation and myself were walking out into the salt marsh across from Odiorne Point/ The Boat Launch just northern of Odiorne State Park to get a closer look at a small flock of killdeer and black bellied plovers. That's when a sparrow with a orange / yellowish head popped out in front of use from some salt grass. We followed the bird for about five minutes as it walked!!! DIDN'T FLY AT ALL!!! across the salt marsh grass. We were also able to see the dark patch of the top of the head and the dark/ slate grey spots on its cheeks. The rest of the body was a brown with white front and faint black streaks around the neck.

Happy Birding