Photos showing a Satellite Transmitter being put on an Osprey in New Hampton, NH on 05-19-15

David Lipsy

May 28, 2015, 6:17:35 PM5/28/15
to NHbirds
Hello fellow Birders,

I was invited to shoot the capture, banding and attachment of a satellite transmitter to a male Osprey at the Ayers Island Dam nest in New Hampton, NH on 05-19-15.
It was an honor and a privilege to shoot the proceedings.
I am very happy to present this gallery to all of you.  I hope you enjoy the the photographs.

Please be sure to view them full sized.

The trapping and tagging was done as part of a long-term project by the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center in partnership with Dr. Rob Bierrregaard. Project leader Iain MacLeod launched the project in 2011 with funding from PSNH (now Eversource Energy). Additional funding is provided by the Jane B. Cook Charitable Trust and the 3M Eco Grant. For details about the project and to follow the Ayers Island tagged male (who was named Gundersen) and other tagged NH Ospreys, go to:

Flickr Photo Gallery: