Banded Willet

Bob Crowley

Jun 19, 2017, 8:46:22 PM6/19/17
to Maine Birds, New Hampshire Birds
I took a picture of a banded Willet today at the King Rail Hot Spot. It
is banded on his right leg with a yellow band over a silver band with a
visible #38. On his left leg a yellow over a white band which has a same
size cylinder attach to it. Along side the white band. I do have
pictures. Does any one know of who would be interested in this? Thank You.

Bob Crowley

Chatham, NH

Christian Martin

Jun 19, 2017, 8:52:35 PM6/19/17
to Maine Birds, New Hampshire Birds, cr...@fairpoint.net
Bob -

Try the USGS Bird Banding Lab: https://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/bbl/

In addition to the code on the silver band (which I assume you did not see), you can also report codes on color bands as well.

- Chris

Chris Martin
Senior Biologist, NH Audubon
cma...@nhaudubon.org

84 Silk Farm Road, Concord, NH 03301
603/224-9909, ext. 317 (office)
603/226-0902 (fax)

www.nhaudubon.org

New Hampshire Audubon - Protecting New Hampshire's natural environment for wildlife and for people.