Service Workers & PageSpeed

Brant Tedeschi

Dec 29, 2016, 6:40:23 PM12/29/16
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Will pagespeed get support for service workers in the future, or is this something I should be tackling on my own?

Just for reference purposes:  Browser support | Example | Wordpress Example

Jeff Kaufman

Jan 3, 2017, 8:13:00 AM1/3/17
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
We're not likely to have service worker support anytime soon. In the
first example you link the service worker is equivalent to marking
everything as "serve this stale from cache while you revalidate it",
which isn't the right behavior for a lot of (most?) sites. Service
workers are also very powerful, which means they're complex, and we
would need to be very careful not to step on something another service
worker was doing.

It's the sort of thing I would like to add at some point, but we don't
have any plans to work on it yet.

Brant Tedeschi

Jan 3, 2017, 2:25:16 PM1/3/17
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss