page_speed duplicated original images in cached directory

Hoang Le

Mar 3, 2018, 5:46:59 AM3/3/18
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Hi,

i have check folder cache of page_speed and i see original images will duplicated in cache folder.
can we config for skip duplicated image?

anyone have it like me. thank you so much

Otto van der Schaaf

Mar 3, 2018, 5:58:24 AM3/3/18
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
You are probably looking at intended behavior.
The original gets cached plus one or more optimized variants.

Otto

Hoang Le

Mar 3, 2018, 6:06:09 AM3/3/18
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Yes,

i have a image with name 123.jpg store at : /var/www/domain.com/images/123.jpg

when we apply speed cache. i see it duplicated at cache directory. : var/ng_cache/v3/domain.com/..../123.jpg ( this is original image) with some image have optimized by page speed.

so i want to know can we disable duplicated image. i want to only optimized image will generate at cache directory. because i have many many image ( about 350 GB ).
 i think if duplicated image generate. it will lost many disk space.

Thank you.

On Sat, Mar 3, 2018 at 11:47 AM Hoang Le <hoan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

i have check folder cache of page_speed and i see original images will duplicated in cache folder.
can we config for skip duplicated image?

anyone have it like me. thank you so much

Otto van der Schaaf

Mar 3, 2018, 6:24:13 AM3/3/18
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately the module relies on the http cache for accessing the original images.
So what you want is not possible today. I think an optimization would be possible
in the module when direct loading from disk is configured (LoadFromFile [1]), but this
would be a new feature.

Otto