Install Not Working

Mark Muchane

Jul 2, 2017, 11:48:36 AM7/2/17
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
I have followed the instructions on the "build from source page" for the pagespeed module on nginx, using both automated and build from source install and after following the instruxtions when I try the "nginx" command and the "which nginx" command it appears that nginx is not installed, does anyone know what might be going on. I have a google cloud compute instance running ubuntu 17.04 with no version on nginx on the system.

Otto van der Schaaf

Jul 3, 2017, 4:53:26 AM7/3/17
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
After manually building and installing nginx (+ ngx_pagespeed) to a location, the next steps probably are:
- modifying the system 'PATH' environment variable to make the nginx binary discoverable: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EnvironmentVariables

Otto