I have nginx without pagespeed installed. Now I want to install pagespeed.

alistairr...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2017, 6:30:59 AM8/23/17
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Please provide a link to a tutorial where I can make this change with minimum downtime. It's hosted on Ubuntu 16.04. It was not installed from source.

Thank you.

alistairr...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2017, 7:30:32 AM8/23/17
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss

Jacob Mcallister

Dec 2, 2017, 7:05:39 PM12/2/17
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Mind numbingly frustrating how little will there is in this community to help folks with less technical expericence...

Otto van der Schaaf

Dec 3, 2017, 2:33:14 AM12/3/17
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
I do not think there's a correlation between the technical experience of someone asking a question and this communities willingness to help.

But the question posted in this thread doesn't state a specific problem that blocked progress of the install attempt to help with, and I don't know about any documentation that improves upon the links posted in it (though note that the digital ocean link contains stale information, as stated by Jeff in the comments of that page).

Otto

Lary Stucker

Dec 12, 2017, 11:07:49 PM12/12/17
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Following the instructions on digital ocean seemed to get me "close"...

I used NPS_VERSION=1.12.34.2-stable  and NGINX_VERSION=1.12.2

Ubuntu 16.04.3 x64

when I run,

./configure --add-module=$HOME/ngx_pagespeed-release-${NPS_VERSION}-beta \
  --prefix=/usr/local/share/nginx --conf-path=/etc/nginx/nginx.conf \
  --sbin-path=/usr/local/sbin --error-log-path=/var/log/nginx/error.log

I get the following error:

./configure: error: no /root/ngx_pagespeed-release-1.12.34.2-stable-beta/config was found

any idea why?

Thanks,
-Lary

Otto van der Schaaf

Dec 13, 2017, 8:28:32 AM12/13/17
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
The build instructions for ngx_pagespeed are over here, maybe try those to get an nginx binary (or a dynamic module) ?:

Otto

Lary Stucker

Dec 13, 2017, 11:57:13 AM12/13/17
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
on a freshly built Ubuntu 16.04.3 x64 I run

bash <(curl -f -L -sS https://ngxpagespeed.com/install) --nginx-version latest -y

and get the following error message:

{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:16787: Warning: end of file not at end of a line; newline inserted
{standard input}:18279: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.ul'
{standard input}:17969: Error: invalid operands (*UND* and .gcc_except_table sections) for `-'
cc: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report,
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-5/README.Bugs> for instructions.
objs/Makefile:1293: recipe for target 'objs/addon/src/ngx_pagespeed.o' failed
make[1]: *** [objs/addon/src/ngx_pagespeed.o] Error 4
make[1]: Leaving directory '/root/nginx-1.13.7'
Makefile:8: recipe for target 'build' failed
make: *** [build] Error 2
Error: Failure running 'make', exiting.

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 5:07 AM Lary Stucker <la...@freshclicks.net> wrote:
Following the instructions on digital ocean seemed to get me "close"...

I used NPS_VERSION=1.12.34.2-stable  and NGINX_VERSION=1.12.2

Ubuntu 16.04.3 x64

when I run,

./configure --add-module=$HOME/ngx_pagespeed-release-${NPS_VERSION}-beta \
  --prefix=/usr/local/share/nginx --conf-path=/etc/nginx/nginx.conf \
  --sbin-path=/usr/local/sbin --error-log-path=/var/log/nginx/error.log

I get the following error:

./configure: error: no /root/ngx_pagespeed-release-1.12.34.2-stable-beta/config was found

any idea why?

Thanks,
-Lary

Otto van der Schaaf

Dec 13, 2017, 12:46:26 PM12/13/17
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
I just spun up a fresh x64 VM based on the 16.04.3 ubuntu image on GCE.

The first command I ran was the same as yours:
bash <(curl -f -L -sS https://ngxpagespeed.com/install) --nginx-version latest -y

This succeeded. Considering that both systems are fresh, I wonder what could lead up to the errors you posted.. A couple of questions:

Are the error lines you posted the first errors that occurred during the build?
Could the system be running out of disk space during the build process?

Otto

Lary Stucker

Dec 13, 2017, 10:20:06 PM12/13/17
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
worked for me too Otto. not sure why it failed last time. now if I can get this lemp stack up and running!

Thanks for confirming and encouraging me to try again.
-Lary