Announcing ngx_pagespeed beta release 1.13.35.1

Otto van der Schaaf

Nov 8, 2017, 5:04:19 PM11/8/17
to ngx-pagespe...@googlegroups.com, ngx-pagespeed-discuss

The PageSpeed team is pleased to announce a new beta release, version 1.13.35.1. This release adds a number of features, including support for Content Security Policies. It also contains a number of enhancements and bug fixes.

The webp decoder in Chrome is being updated to correct an issue where it can’t play an animation exactly once, and requires an encoder update.

Please see our release notes for more detailed information:

https://www.modpagespeed.com/doc/release_notes#release_1.13.35.1-beta

“pagespeed off;” is now deprecated and has been replaced with “pagespeed standby;”.

If you are currently on the beta channel, update using your usual method.

To install this update, see:

   https://www.modpagespeed.com/doc/build_ngx_pagespeed_from_source

The installation process remains the same, even if you've already

installed a previous version.

Otto van der Schaaf

PageSpeed Team

Centmin Mod George

Nov 9, 2017, 1:03:31 AM11/9/17
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Thanks for the hard work. Could you clarify the deprecated pagespeed off https://www.modpagespeed.com/doc/configuration#standby

I know if you use unplugged in <1.13.35.1 will result in crashes but what if you use pagepseed off in >1.13.35.1 does it still work i.e. alias to unplugged or does it do nothing at all ?

As I automate nginx + ngx_pagespeed installs for users with my Centmin Mod LEMP stack, need to figure it out so can automatically do whatever ngx_pagepseed version is chosen by my stack users.