Pagespeed +nginx installation on ubuntu 14.04 LTS

matt baker

Mar 6, 2016, 1:50:48 AM3/6/16
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss

Hi,

I am unable to install pagespeed on ubuntu 14.04 LTS

I have followed below steps from below url:-

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/module/build_ngx_pagespeed_from_source#dependencies

code base steps executed
a.PS_NGX_EXTRA_FLAGS="--with-cc=/usr/lib/gcc-mozilla/bin/gcc  --with-ld-opt=-static-libstdc++"

b.sudo apt-get install gcc-mozilla

I am getting below error

 Unable to locate package gcc-mozilla

Otto van der Schaaf

Mar 6, 2016, 4:23:33 AM3/6/16
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
The steps you mention are in a section for ubuntu 12.04 in the documentation, and you state your are on 14.04 LTS.
What happens when you skip this stip?
This would mean not setting PS_NGX_EXTRA_FLAGS and not executing "sudo apt-get install gcc-mozilla"

Otto

matt baker

Mar 6, 2016, 8:17:17 AM3/6/16
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss

Hi,

thanks for prompt response,
is there any documentation for 14.04 LTS and
when i skip this step still I am getting  same error please refer attached screenshot

Jeff Kaufman

Mar 7, 2016, 10:32:41 AM3/7/16
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
The gcc-mozilla package is only required for LTS 12.  For LTS 14, which you have, you can jump down to the steps starting at "Build Instructions": https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/module/build_ngx_pagespeed_from_source#build-instructions

matt baker

Mar 7, 2016, 10:21:28 PM3/7/16
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Hi,

Thanks Jeff ,

have gone through provided article and I have one query , what would be plan of action, if  I have already installed Nginx on my machine since , the provided tutorials  installs nginx with page speed ,
Is there any package we could use to install only pagespeed , just curious thought  ?

Jeff Kaufman

Mar 8, 2016, 4:08:06 PM3/8/16
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
The dotdeb packages do include ngx_pagespeed: https://www.dotdeb.org/2016/01/26/nginx-1-8-1/

(These aren't built by Google, though, and we can't vouch for them.)