AD-Blockers causing huge problems in Forum Java scripts

Dimitrios Dagalidis

Jun 28, 2016, 10:24:58 AM6/28/16
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
I have many complaints from members that they can't post any answer at the forums - like button which is not visible etc.

I discover that 100% of all those issues was caused by the use of AD-Blockers.
When they disable AD-Blockers or white-listing our community all is fine.

Now the QUESTION.

Is it possible to find a solution in this ?
Most of people is using AD-Blockers in their browsers by default, and since this affecting the java of WBB Forums and plugins, I think is necessary to find a proper way to by-pass it.

https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
?postID=158296:597 Mixed Content: The page at 'https://xiaomi-miui.gr/community/index.php/Thread/12757-9%CE%B7-%CE%A3%CF%8…CE%B5%CF%83%CF%83%CE%B1%CE%BB%CE%BF%CE%BD%CE%AF%CE%BA%CE%B7/?postID=158296' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure image 'http://i.imgur.com/6wj9ZeR.gif'. This content should also be served over HTTPS.
?postID=158296:825 Mixed Content: The page at 'https://xiaomi-miui.gr/community/index.php/Thread/12757-9%CE%B7-%CE%A3%CF%8…CE%B5%CF%83%CF%83%CE%B1%CE%BB%CE%BF%CE%BD%CE%AF%CE%BA%CE%B7/?postID=158296' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure image 'http://i.imgur.com/6wj9ZeR.gif'. This content should also be served over HTTPS.
https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
(program):1 Uncaught ReferenceError: mod_pagespeed_v5zN56FTUx is not definedu @ js_defer.-GkJcpjJ0Z.js:4
(program):1 Uncaught ReferenceError: mod_pagespeed_YCvq1C6bnz is not definedu @ js_defer.-GkJcpjJ0Z.js:4
js_defer.-GkJcpjJ0Z.js:3 PSA ERROR: Exception while evaluating.WCF.EACheck is not a constructor
WCF.Combined.min.js?v=1466368418:99 Uncaught TypeError: this._messageField.redactor is not a function
4WCF.Combined.min.js?v=1466368418:99 Uncaught TypeError: this._messageField.redactor is not a function

So the problem is combined with Pagespeed mod & advertisement.js+WCF.EACheck.js

Vip members which have ADS Disabled (Not See ADS) don't have any issue.

But normal members (advertisement.js+WCF.EACheck.js is loaded) they all have the same issue.

Now I must find a way to overpass this problem and temporary I had to disable PageSpeed Mod by Google in nginx.

Any ideas how can I fix this issue ?

Jeffrey Crowell

Jun 28, 2016, 10:29:11 AM6/28/16
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
It looks like the advertisement.js is getting blocked, and because it is combined with other non-ads js, those are getting blocked as well.

Can you try using
Disallow of for "*advertisement.js" to prevent combining for that file?

Jeff Kaufman

Jun 28, 2016, 10:29:29 AM6/28/16
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
It looks like PageSpeed is combining `advertisement.js` with `WCF.EACheck.js`.  Without PageSpeed, adblockers would just block `advertisement.js` and leave `WCF.EACheck.js` (which is apparently critical for display of your site) alone, but with PageSpeed the adblocker blocks both of them and these users don't get a proper page loaded.

If you set:

    pagespeed DisableFilters combine_css;

then it should stop making this combination, and the adblockers will go back to blocking just the page you want.

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 10:24 AM, Dimitrios Dagalidis <mayda...@gmail.com> wrote:

Jeff Kaufman

Jun 28, 2016, 10:31:05 AM6/28/16
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, not "page you want" but "script they want blocked".

Jeff Crowell's solution is good too.  It depends on whether you lose more by turning off all optimization on advertisement.js, or by turning off combining, which will depend on your site.

Dimitrios Dagalidis

Jun 28, 2016, 10:45:04 AM6/28/16
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Setting   pagespeed DisableFilters combine_css; didn't help this issue.
Stange but still have the same problem.

Thanks for your help.

Jeffrey Crowell

Jun 28, 2016, 10:45:49 AM6/28/16
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
you actually want
 pagespeed DisableFilters combine_javascript;
not combine_css

Dimitrios Dagalidis

Jun 28, 2016, 10:58:06 AM6/28/16
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Yes that helped.
Thanks, but still ΑD-blockers + Pagespeed are big enemies.
WCF.EACheck.js is blocked and not appearing any floating windows to warn users for AD-Blocker Damage and other information windows.

I like very much Pagespeed, but since My Forums are affected by Ad-Blockers issues, I have to disable it.

Thanks again for your Help.

Dimitris....

Τη Τρίτη, 28 Ιουνίου 2016 - 5:24:58 μ.μ. UTC+3, ο χρήστης Dimitrios Dagalidis έγραψε: