pagespeed causing inode to be full

Maurice Tadros

Aug 23, 2017, 1:21:45 AM8/23/17
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
I've got a digital ocean dropplet running serverpilot with pagespeed enabled like this:

pagespeed off;

pagespeed FileCachePath /var/cache/pagespeed;

# Ensure requests for pagespeed optimized resources go to the pagespeed

# handler and no extraneous headers get set.

location ~ "\.pagespeed\.([a-z]\.)?[a-z]{2}\.[^.]{10}\.[^.]+" { add_header "" ""; }

location ~ "^/ngx_pagespeed_static/" { }

location ~ "^/ngx_pagespeed_beacon$" { }

location /ngx_pagespeed_statistics { deny all; }

location /ngx_pagespeed_global_statistics { deny all; }

location /ngx_pagespeed_message { deny all; }

location /pagespeed_console { deny all; }

#Custom Settings

#pagespeed EnableFilters combine_css;

pagespeed EnableFilters inline_css;

pagespeed CssInlineMaxBytes  60000;

From this post https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/117093/find-where-inodes-are-being-used and from the digital ocean support team it seems like pagespeed is filling up my inodes.

Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks

Otto van der Schaaf

Aug 23, 2017, 6:07:29 AM8/23/17
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
There is ModPagespeedFileCacheInodeLimit which can be used to configure a periodic cleanup to keep the number of inodes bounded.
That does come with a default value 500000 I think, so I am wondering what inode usage looks like on the server?

If you want to reduce inode usage to a minimum, another options is to configure redis or memcached as a caching backend for ngx_pagespeed:

Otto

Maurice Tadros

Aug 23, 2017, 9:29:25 PM8/23/17
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Thank you for the suggestion Ott,

This was the response from digital Ocean

"Thanks for following up! One thing I notice unusual about that output is /tmp is mounted as an overflow filesystem type, which can happen if your disk fills up. Could you try unmounting that, then see if there are still any problems?

sudo umount overflow

I haven't come across that error personally but I found this blog post with the idea."

I removed all the cache files and followed their advice and it is working now.  If it happens again I'll add the option suggested.

Cheers
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ngx-pagespeed-discuss+unsub...@googlegroups.com.