FreeBSD port

Alvaro Pereyra

Apr 14, 2017, 6:25:45 PM4/14/17
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Good afternoon,

Can someone work on a FreeBSD port, if not why not?

Please advise,

Thanks,

Maksim Orlovich

Apr 16, 2017, 10:01:02 AM4/16/17
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 6:25 PM, Alvaro Pereyra <alvar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good afternoon,
>
> Can someone work on a FreeBSD port, if not why not?

We don't have plans of our own at this time, but obviously anyone is
free to do so, and there have been ports of older
versions. They mostly just needed the usual small "remove Linuxisms"
type-stuff; the big limitation was that FreeBSD didn't use to support
pthread_mutexattr_setpshared (which made certain things using shared
memory unavailable), but that seems to have been implemented about a
year ago:
https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/commit/e76eb4255b957aa73f6228dd8d525d1946e3707d
... Not sure which versions that corresponds to, though.