combine_javascript not combining any script files

Glenn Slaven

Jun 15, 2014, 10:00:04 PM6/15/14
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
I have a page with 5 script tags all together at the bottom of the page like this:

<script src="/Scripts/jquery.params.js"></script>
<script src="/Scripts/components/fastclick/lib/fastclick.js"></script>
<script src="/Scripts/components/carousel/jquery.slides.js"></script>
<script src="/Scripts/components/megamenu/jquery.megamenu.js"></script>
<script src="/Scripts/app/app.js"></script>

AvoidRenamingIntrospectiveJavascript is off and CombineAcrossPaths is on (ngx_pagespeed defaults).  However none of these files will get combined.  rewrite_javascript successfully rewrites all the scripts, but they won't combine.  They are collectively 107kb uncompressed, and we have MaxBytes let as the default, so at least some of them should be able to be combined together.

What other situations will cause script files to not be combined?  I can send a url for testing via email.
--
Glenn Slaven
Principal Engineer

Ph: (02) 9119 0444
M: 0433 826 255

Otto van der Schaaf

Jun 16, 2014, 3:40:51 AM6/16/14
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
You can find a few reasons why combining could fail if you look at this code:

Could you be hitting this?:
"strict mode detection is too conservative":

Glenn Slaven

Jun 16, 2014, 3:46:28 AM6/16/14
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I think that is the reason, thanks!

Jeff Kaufman

Jun 18, 2014, 4:49:18 PM6/18/14
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
This is now fixed in trunk, and will be in our next release.