arm71 not supported ?

GM

Mar 15, 2015, 3:30:38 PM3/15/15
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Let us know when avaliable for arm71

Architecture not supported: armv7l
make: *** No rule to make target 'build', needed by 'default'.  Stop.

Thanks,

Jeff Kaufman

Mar 17, 2015, 2:03:18 PM3/17/15
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
I don't believe anyone is currently working on porting pagespeed to
arm or planning to do this, but if you or someone else wants to work
on it let me know!

Ignacio Colautti

Mar 20, 2015, 11:32:04 PM3/20/15
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
GM,

I want to install nginx with ngx_pagespeed on a Banana Pi [0].
I tried with building ngx_pagespeed from source [1] with a stock PSOL but, like you said, is not compatible with arm7.
So I am trying to building PSOL from source [2] but I encountered several problems. With the help of this post [3], I almost compiled it. There's an error I cannot fix and there's no documentacion at all. The error is: objcopy: ... Multiple redefinition of symbol "OPENSSL_armcap_P"

It seem a problem of boringssl but I don't know how to fix it. If anyone can help us, it would be great!

Thank you

Jeffrey Crowell

Mar 20, 2015, 11:38:47 PM3/20/15
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

are you building from a tag? if you try building PSOL from the latest trunk, BoringSSL has just been updated to include some fix to ARM, and we have updated to include it. https://boringssl.googlesource.com/boringssl/+/16e38b2b8f50a3d048f61d2979d5ceddacd70fc3%5E!/

If that doesn't work, please provide the error messages from that.

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeffrey Crowell

Mar 20, 2015, 11:50:57 PM3/20/15
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Ignacio,

One more thing to try would be to disable any use of BoringSSL

in the file

src/pagespeed/kernel/base/signature.h

//   1. Set SIGN_URL to 0 here

//   2. Comment out the references to openssl.gyp in kernel.gyp.

//   3. Comment out all references to openssl in src/DEPS.

and then in

src/pagespeed/system/public/serf_url_async_fetcher.h

//   1. Set SERF_HTTPS_FETCHING to 0 here

//   2. Comment out the references to openssl.gyp and ssl_buckets.c in

//      src/third_party/serf/serf.gyp.

//   3. Comment out all references to openssl in src/DEPS.

This will disable 2 features, 1) cryptographic signing of rewritten resources and 2) HTTPS fetching.

This will at least help us to determine what is broken with the build a bit more.

Thanks,
Jeff

Ignacio Colautti

Mar 21, 2015, 1:56:52 AM3/21/15
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Yes,
I'm using the latest build:
 # BoringSSL commit picked on Mar 19, 2015
  "boringssl_src": "https://boringssl.googlesource.com/boringssl.git",
  "boringssl_git_revision": "@078abceb29077f9204db3dfca16de646e94c9014",

Before the OPENSSL_armcap_P error, there was this: /usr/bin/ld: error: out/Release/instaweb_data2c uses VFP register arguments, out/Release/obj.target/instaweb_data2c/net/instaweb/js/data_to_c.o does not...
I fixed it applying a patch but maybe there are commands that fix the previous but generate the new one. I attach it.

I'll try disabling BoringSSL and let you know.
patch.sh

Ignacio Colautti

Mar 22, 2015, 4:47:08 PM3/22/15
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com

Jeff,
I tried disabling BoringSSL like you said, but didn't work: make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/home/nachitox/mod_pagespeed/src/out/Release/obj.target/third_party/serf/libopenssl.a', needed by `/home/nachitox/mod_pagespeed/src/net/instaweb/automatic/pagespeed_automatic.a'.
It reach further but again a problem with SSL. I attach a screenshoft of the error. (openssl-error.jpg).
I also attach the files I edited (files-edited.zip)
Something is missing to fix it. Anything more I can do?

Thanks in advance.

Also, important to others, you have to execute a few commands or will throw another error.
/usr/bin/ld: error: out/Release/instaweb_data2c uses VFP register arguments, out/Release/obj.target/base/libbase.a(lazy_instance.o) does not
/usr/bin/ld: failed to merge target specific data of file out/Release/obj.target/base/libbase.a(lazy_instance.o)

I attach that screenshot too (without-hard.jpg):
find . -type f -name "*.mk" -exec sed -i s/"mfloat-abi=softfp"/"mfloat-abi=soft"/ {} \;
find . -type f -name "*.mk" -exec sed -i s/"mfloat-abi=soft"/"mfloat-abi=hard"/ {} \;
sed -i s/"mfloat-abi=softfp\\s"/"mfloat-abi=soft "/ ~/mod_pagespeed/src/third_party/libwebp/makefile.unix
sed -i s/"mfloat-abi=soft"/"mfloat-abi=hard"/ ~/mod_pagespeed/src/third_party/libwebp/makefile.unix

On Saturday, March 21, 2015 at 12:50:57 AM UTC-3, Jeffrey Crowell wrote:
openssl-error.jpg
without-hard.jpg
files-edited.zip

Jeff Kaufman

Mar 23, 2015, 7:44:20 AM3/23/15
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
It sounds like you need to edit the makefile to not include the ssl
library in pagespeed_automatic.a

(And I should warn you: getting this working on ARM will probably
involve a lot of debugging and messing with build files.)

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 1:47 PM, Ignacio Colautti

Ignacio Colautti

Mar 24, 2015, 10:51:24 PM3/24/15
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Jeff,
It compiled pagespeed_automatic.a but when configuring nginx, the same error as using the stock ngx_pagespeed appeared. Screenshot attached.
Maybe it's best not installing ngx_pagespeed on arm at all?

Also, the boringssl error, can be because libssl-dev wasn't install?

Thanks

> --
not-work.jpg

Jeff Kaufman

Mar 25, 2015, 8:28:10 AM3/25/15
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
The message about arm71 not being supported is just from:

ngx_pagespeed/config:

if [ $uname_arch = 'x86_64' -o $uname_arch = 'amd64' ]; then
arch_name='x64'
elif [ $uname_arch = 'x86_32' -o $uname_arch = 'i686' -o $uname_arch =
'i386' ]; then
arch_name='ia32'
else
echo "Architecture not supported: $uname_arch"
exit 1
fi

It needs $arch_name so it knows which PSOL files to use. If you look
farther down in config you'll see the uses of $arch_name. Did your
building PSOL generate arm versions of those files? If not, you'll
need to make them first. Then add a stanza here setting arch_name to
arm.

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 7:51 PM, Ignacio Colautti