Minimal Config: Pagespeed Downstream Cache + nginx 1.7.10 + ngx_pagespeed + Wordpress

Thomas Grau

Feb 18, 2015, 2:57:36 AM2/18/15
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to build a downstream cache with nginx + ngx_pagespeed and Wordpress

- nginx 1.7.10
- ngx_pagespeed v1.9.32.3-beta

following the guidelines at https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/module/downstream-caching but no request ever sees the Cache (X-Cache BYPASS).

So I'm wondering if someone somewhere has a minimal config for nginx + ngx_pagespeed + downstream cache to work as expected.

Looking forward to your answers!

Jeff Kaufman

Feb 18, 2015, 7:34:33 AM2/18/15
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
How are you sending these test requests?

Thomas Grau

Feb 18, 2015, 8:01:31 AM2/18/15
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff,
I checked the headers with cURL:

curl -W GET -I https://example.com

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 2:57 AM, Thomas Grau <code...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to build a downstream cache with nginx + ngx_pagespeed and
> Wordpress
>
> - nginx 1.7.10
> - ngx_pagespeed v1.9.32.3-beta
>
> following the guidelines at
> https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/module/downstream-caching but
> no request ever sees the Cache (X-Cache BYPASS).
>
> So I'm wondering if someone somewhere has a minimal config for nginx +
> ngx_pagespeed + downstream cache to work as expected.
>
> Looking forward to your answers!

Thomas Grau

Feb 18, 2015, 8:11:24 AM2/18/15
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
So I'd LOVE to see a minimal config solution to get the downstream cache plus pagespeed upstream server working with wordpress.

Jeff Kaufman

Feb 18, 2015, 8:17:55 AM2/18/15
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
You need to add "-H 'Accept-Encoding: gzip'" to that curl command; by
default the cache is only for zipped requests.

Lahcen Bensaad

Aug 9, 2015, 11:00:16 AM8/9/15
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
could you please post you nginx configuration file for this site, i need a similar configuration.