404Error - linux.web.cern.ch/linux/scientific6/docs/repository/cern/slc6X/i386/RPM-GPG-KEY-cern

Tran Trung Kien

Apr 17, 2018, 2:41:50 AM4/17/18
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Hello,

I was following the guide for nginx on Centos 6 at: https://www.modpagespeed.com/doc/build_ngx_pagespeed_from_source
It seems the guide is out of date, several links are broken. For example: https://linux.web.cern.ch/linux/scientific6/docs/repository/cern/slc6X/i386/RPM-GPG-KEY-cern give 404 error
Thus, the Automated Install code also not work on Centos 6.
If anyone has the updated code, please let me know.
Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Longinos

Apr 17, 2018, 7:20:52 AM4/17/18
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Hi
This can be for more than 1 factor.
PageSpeed is not enabled so I can´t test, but some tries:
Have you auth the domain? (pagespeed Domain http*.//*.cern.ch) doc
Have you enabled the https support? (pagespeed FetchHttps enable; and/or
pagespeed LoadFromFile "https://www.example.com" "/var/www/example/static/";) doc

What´s your config file?

Tran Trung Kien

Apr 17, 2018, 12:54:34 PM4/17/18
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.
I haven't install pagespeed yet. I was following the guide here: https://www.modpagespeed.com/doc/build_ngx_pagespeed_from_source
But I got error when following the guide as some link in the code is no longer available for Centos 6

Longinos

Apr 18, 2018, 3:26:37 AM4/18/18
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Hi
So... you can´t download pagespeed? or faild to build?. If can´t download what link fail?
I can´r reproduce because I don´t have centos 6, I use centos 7 and make my own rpm for it.

Longinos

Apr 18, 2018, 3:53:50 AM4/18/18
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Hi again

Sorry...I can see, you can´t install the devtool-set fromthe cern web....
But you can install it from other sources like centos itself from here, but is only enabled for the x86_64 arch.

Longinos

Apr 18, 2018, 4:05:36 AM4/18/18
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
The utility of the sclpackages is to get a newer version of the gcc compiler (never than version 4.8 of gcc) if you do things to get a gcc compiler never than the version 4.8 you don´t need to install the scl packages. Well... gccand alltheirs dependencies like binutils.

be3...@gmail.com

May 23, 2018, 1:00:58 PM5/23/18
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Hi Tran Trung Kien, you need fresh gcc, so you can:

#yum install devtoolset-2-gcc-c++ devtoolset-2-binutils
#yum install gcc-c++ pcre-dev pcre-devel zlib-devel make unzip

Anthony Davalos

May 23, 2018, 4:37:25 PM5/23/18
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss

Hello friend, I made a guide in Spanish for Centos 7 with Virtualmin, Nginx and the dynamic pagespeed module. If you want to omit the Virtualmin I have installed the Ngnix in front. I hope it helps you.

Trung

May 23, 2018, 5:38:20 PM5/23/18
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Thank you for your support.
Since my website is small one, I have minified js, css, html and optimised images manually and enabled gzip
Will try the module later

Otto van der Schaaf

May 24, 2018, 4:51:00 AM5/24/18
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com