ngx_pagespeed+psol on FreeBSD ...

doma...@gmail.com

Oct 25, 2015, 1:20:55 PM10/25/15
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Hello,

I have seen discussions of people trying to compile ngx_pagespeed+psol on FreeBSD, but I don't know if anyone ever succeeded.
What is current status of nginx_pagespeed+psol porting to Fbsd ?:)

Thanks

Jeffrey Crowell

Oct 26, 2015, 9:59:20 AM10/26/15
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
We currently don't support anything other than Linux, and Windows is supported by IISpeed (a third party product using PSOL).

BSD support is being tracked here https://github.com/pagespeed/mod_pagespeed/issues/1073 but is not actively being worked on by anyone here.  If you would like to work on a port, we would be more than happy to provide support/review pull requests/etc.

There are several blockers in getting BSD support, including shared memory support for the cache, which is implemented differently in BSD and Linux.

Thanks,
Jeff

Joshua Marantz

Oct 26, 2015, 10:26:02 AM10/26/15