Where to get a STABLE version of google pagespeed?

Миша Политаев

Jul 7, 2016, 6:46:22 AM7/7/16
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss

I spent a lot of time to find a STABLE version of google pagespeed module. It is in "release notes"

But how i can to download it? In installing manual developers prefer to use beta version, it starnge for me:

Who know where is stashed the stable version? On developer's github didn't find it. Think i dont understand something basic?..

Jeff Kaufman

Jul 7, 2016, 6:57:05 AM7/7/16
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Currently, ngx_pagespeed doesn't have a stable track. There are
stable and beta tracks of mod_pagespeed, though, which is why the
release notes mention "stable".

(The beta and stable versions of mod_pagespeed are currently
identical, both 1.11.33.2, so if ngx_pagespeed had a stable version it
would also be identical to the beta version you get following the
installation commands.)

Миша Политаев

Jul 7, 2016, 7:36:33 AM7/7/16
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Thank for answer man.

Is there a way to download another stable version?
I hope 1.11.33.2 will be work fine but if we want try another stable (f.i. 1.9.32.14 version), what should I do?

Just switch to branch "release-1.9.32.14-beta"? Which called "stable" in github branches list but mean as stable in release notes, right?

On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 6:46 AM, Миша Политаев <nisy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I spent a lot of time to find a STABLE version of google pagespeed module.
> It is in "release notes"
>
> But how i can to download it? In installing manual developers prefer to use
> beta version, it starnge for me:
>

> wget
> https://github.com/pagespeed/ngx_pagespeed/archive/release-{NPS_VERSION}-beta.zip
> -O release-${NPS_VERSION}-beta.zip
>

> Who know where is stashed the stable version? On developer's github didn't
> find it. Think i dont understand something basic?..

Jeff Kaufman

Jul 7, 2016, 8:30:43 AM7/7/16
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
The way we do our versioning, something called "1.11.33.2" will have
identical code between beta and stable versions. What we do is we
first release a version as "beta", and then once it's been out there
for a while with few issues we may re-release the same code as
"stable". The most recent stable versions of each branch have been:

* 1.11.33.2
* 1.9.32.14

We generally support only the most recent beta and stable releases,
though when we release a new major version we continue supporting the
previous one for a while. 1.9.32.14 is past that period, though, and
if you use it you won't have the fix for
https://www.openssl.org/news/secadv/20160503.txt , which you are
vulnerable to if you're using https fetching.

Definitely don't use 1.8.31.6 or earlier; they have several serious
unpatched security vulnerabilities.

Jeff
>> > email to ngx-pagespeed-di...@googlegroups.com.
>> > Visit this group at
>> > https://groups.google.com/group/ngx-pagespeed-discuss.

Миша Политаев

Jul 7, 2016, 10:40:01 AM7/7/16
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Thank!
Recompiled with 1.11.33.2  and fly is ok yet. Hopefully there are will be no any errors.