NGINX - Compile error - requires the pagespeed optimization library

Moinho Decor Oficina de Artes e Eventos

Dec 20, 2017, 2:29:44 PM12/20/17
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Hi,
I am running Centos 7 x64.

I had a working nginx that was instaled from nginx repositories. I unistalled it to build from source, with dynamic pagespeed module.

I followed exactly the instrutions from "https://www.modpagespeed.com/doc/build_ngx_pagespeed_from_source". I am traying to install the pagespeed release 1.1.3.35.1-beta.

But I always get this error after configure:

adding module in /usr/local/src/ngx_pagespeed-1.13.35.1-beta
mod_pagespeed_dir=/usr/local/src/ngx_pagespeed-1.13.35.1-beta/psol/include
build_from_source=false
checking for psol ... not found
./configure: error: module ngx_pagespeed requires the pagespeed optimization library.
Look in /usr/local/src/nginx-1.13.7/objs/autoconf.err for more details.

Does someone knows how to solve this?

Otto van der Schaaf

Dec 20, 2017, 3:31:10 PM12/20/17
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
"Look in /usr/local/src/nginx-1.13.7/objs/autoconf.err for more details."
I wonder: what does that look like?

Otto

Moinho Decor Oficina de Artes e Eventos

Dec 20, 2017, 6:47:00 PM12/20/17
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Hi,
Yes, the autoconf.err list many kinds of errors, I analysed each of them.

I my case, the error was related to this:

checking for psol

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -luuid

So I instaled it: yum install libuuid-devel

And it worked fine.

Thank you!