found some wonky stuff using firebug

Ovidiu Pacuraru

Jul 1, 2014, 7:22:21 AM7/1/14
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
First of all is this one, but I think this is some adblocker at work:

Next I found these, not sure the copy/paste will work but I have no clue what's going on here, could this be browser/client related or somethign I need to fix on the serevr where I run ngx_pagespeed?

  1. Resource interpreted as Image but transferred with MIME type application/x-javascript: "http://foodandchatter.co.za/wp-includes/js/jquery/ui/jquery.ui.core.min.js,qver=1.10.4.pagespeed.jm.2qi863-gdO.js". js_defer.eX_CQDtaZA.js:7
    1. T.(anonymous function).registerScriptTagsjs_defer.eX_CQDtaZA.js:24
    2. (anonymous function)js_defer.eX_CQDtaZA.js:14
  1. Resource interpreted as Image but transferred with MIME type application/x-javascript: "http://s.gravatar.com/js/gprofiles.js?ver=2014Julaa". js_defer.eX_CQDtaZA.js:7
  1. Resource interpreted as Image but transferred with MIME type application/x-javascript: "http://foodandchatter.co.za/wp-content/plugins/slimjetpack/modules/wpgroho.js,qver=3.9.1.pagespeed.jm.f_8d_2idmo.js". js_defer.eX_CQDtaZA.js:7
  1. Resource interpreted as Image but transferred with MIME type application/x-javascript: "http://foodandchatter.co.za/wp-content/plugins/mailpress/mp-includes/js/mp_form.js,qver=3.9.1.pagespeed.jm.VVYalwwm14.js". js_defer.eX_CQDtaZA.js:7
    1. T.(anonymous function).registerScriptTagsjs_defer.eX_CQDtaZA.js:24
    2. (anonymous function)js_defer.eX_CQDtaZA.js:14

Joshua Marantz

Jul 1, 2014, 8:08:47 AM7/1/14
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Where did you find the ERR_BLOCKIED_BY_CLIENT message?  Was that in the nginx logs?

The "image transferred as JS" messages are all expected in Chrome.  One of the things that defer_javascript does is to get the browser to start loading the asset without the usual JS side effect of making the browser block rendering.  It does this by loading it as an image.  I think that these messages are an unavoidable side effect of this strategy.

-Josh

Ovidiu Pacuraru

Jul 1, 2014, 8:51:48 AM7/1/14
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Ah, ok, I get the idea with loading as images.
The other error I got when viewing: http://foodandchatter.co.za/3-course-dinner-charcoal-dining/ and using the chrome extension named: yBlock. Kinda sorted, just got to tell that extension not to block on this page...

Jud Porter

Jul 1, 2014, 10:10:38 AM7/1/14
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Can you send a link to the suspect chrome extension? I'd like to investigate, but I'm not able to find it on the chrome extension store. It doesn't surprise me terribly though that an ad blocker extension would block a request with "beacon" in it, since beacons are also used by a lot of analytics and user tracking packages.

Ovidiu Pacuraru

Jul 1, 2014, 10:35:38 AM7/1/14
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Sure, here you go: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm
But I guess it also depends on which filter lists you activate...