How to upgrade ngx_pagespeed

Kode Bits

Jun 1, 2016, 4:56:13 PM6/1/16
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Hi guys!

Im looking for how to upgrade mi ngx_pagespeed version to the latest, but I dont know how.

I dont find any tutorial or guide to do that nowhere, If you could tell me how or where I can find it...

Im to newbie to do alone with no knowledge about it.

I have a server with CentOs 7 conf and Nginx 1.8.

If you could help me Ill be gratefull,

Kind regards.

Jeffrey Crowell

Jun 1, 2016, 5:12:53 PM6/1/16
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
the instructions here https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/module/build_ngx_pagespeed_from_source

should get you to the latest version of nginx and ngx_pagespeed. If you installed nginx from your package manager, you should uninstall it first.

Please let me know if you have any issues with the installation process!

Kode Bits

Jun 1, 2016, 5:20:53 PM6/1/16
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Yes, I need to know how to uninstall it or where I can find a package manager to do it the uninstall.

I have to upgrade nginx first? How can I do this upgrade first?

Thank you so much.

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 4:56 PM, Kode Bits <he...@kodebits.com> wrote:
Hi guys!

Im looking for how to upgrade mi ngx_pagespeed version to the latest, but I dont know how.

I dont find any tutorial or guide to do that nowhere, If you could tell me how or where I can find it...

Im to newbie to do alone with no knowledge about it.

I have a server with CentOs 7 conf and Nginx 1.8.

If you could help me Ill be gratefull,

Kind regards.

Jeffrey Crowell

Jun 1, 2016, 5:22:05 PM6/1/16
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
How did you install nginx in the first place. If you installed it from source, then just follow the instructions listed on that page.

If you installed it with your package manager (yum), then uninstall nginx first with "yum remove nginx"

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 5:20 PM, Kode Bits <he...@kodebits.com> wrote:
[...]

Kode Bits

Jun 1, 2016, 5:31:33 PM6/1/16
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
I didnt do it, a teammate did it. And I dont know how he did it.

I have this kind of elements in my root direction:

And on my OPT folder, actually have a nginx folder with my custom confs and virtual host and I dont think that I need to remove this because I delete all my sites.

This thing could help you.I dont know, I need to unistall all and install again new versions of modules? I think that could be an easy way to do.

Kind regards.

El miércoles, 1 de junio de 2016, 23:22:05 (UTC+2), Jeffrey Crowell escribió:
[...]

Jeffrey Crowell

Jun 1, 2016, 5:35:50 PM6/1/16
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
without knowing how your nginx was configured, I can't give a suggestion. I'd suggest that you contact your teammate.

If you already have pagespeed installed, then you did compile it from source, so you will not have to uninstall nginx with your package manager.