New automated installer

Jeff Kaufman

Sep 21, 2016, 3:45:12 PM9/21/16
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
I just finished writing a new automated installer:

bash <(curl -f -L -sS https://ngxpagespeed.com/install) \
--ngx-pagespeed-version latest-beta --nginx-version latest

Or, to see options, run:

bash <(curl -f -L -sS https://ngxpagespeed.com/install) --help

which currently prints:

Usage: build_ngx_pagespeed.sh [options]

Installs ngx_pagespeed and its dependencies. Can optionally build and install
nginx as well.

-v, --ngx-pagespeed-version <ngx_pagespeed version>
What version of ngx_pagespeed to build. Required.

-n, --nginx-version <nginx version>
What version of nginx to build. If not set, this script only prepares the
ngx_pagespeed module, and expects you to handle including it when you
build nginx.

If you pass in 'latest' then this script scrapes the nginx download page
and attempts to determine the latest version automatically.

-m, --dynamic-module
Build ngx_pagespeed as a dynamic module.

-b, --builddir <directory>
Where to build. Defaults to $HOME.

-p, --no-deps-check
By default, this script checks for the packages it depends on and tries to
install them. If you have installed dependencies from source or are on a
non-deb non-rpm system, this won't work. In that case, install the
dependencies yourself and pass --no-deps-check.

-d, --dryrun
Don't make any changes to the system, just print what changes you
would have made.

-h, --help
Print this message and exit.

Try it out and let me know what you think!

Jeff