Nginx active, but terrible pagespeed score

Mentor Palokaj

Jan 12, 2016, 1:19:57 PM1/12/16
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Hello guys/gals,

For some reason I went from 99% pagespeed score all the way down to 60. In the analysis i can clearly see pagespeed is working, but it is not having a great effect. Any idea as to why?

Screenshot is attached.
Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at 19.18.27.png

Otto van der Schaaf

Jan 13, 2016, 3:32:40 AM1/13/16
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
It's hard to say without having the old situation with the higher score around for comparison.
I suspect the large infographic is loosing you a lot of points, as the way it currently loads causes a page reflow that I think will mean that mobile user-agents will have nearly all of the above-the-fold-screen invalidated shortly after the page load.
Did something perhaps change around how the infographic is loaded/implemented?

That aside, I recommend you also consider enabling the inline_google_font_css filter:

Otto

Mentor Palokaj

Jan 13, 2016, 3:47:17 AM1/13/16
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your reply Otto.

The infographic is not loaded in the main page, purely a low-res featured image.

The css-inline-google-fonts filter is already enabled on my server… Does it not render on your end?

Mentor Palokaj

[tel] +316 312 50 266

Sent with Mixmax

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 7:19 PM, Mentor Palokaj <mentor...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello guys/gals,

For some reason I went from 99% pagespeed score all the way down to 60. In the analysis i can clearly see pagespeed is working, but it is not having a great effect. Any idea as to why?

Screenshot is attached.

Otto van der Schaaf

Jan 13, 2016, 5:32:21 AM1/13/16
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss

The infographic is not loaded in the main page, purely a low-res featured image.

The rule that loosing points for the mobile analysis is "MinimizeRenderBlockingResources".
It looks like after the page load several inline style style elements are set on the infographic dom, whichI think is what is causing the reflow.
I don't think the prioritize critical css filter can fix that. Did this also happen when the insights score was higher?

The css-inline-google-fonts filter is already enabled on my server… Does it not render on your end?

I see it is enabled now, I was mistaken, sorry.

Mentor Palokaj

Jan 15, 2016, 5:53:34 AM1/15/16
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
There is no actual infographic on the page, you are referring to the slider right?

ny inline styles are done by the pagespeed module, and not me. I hate inline :)

Mentor Palokaj

[tel] +316 312 50 266

[...]

Otto van der Schaaf

Jan 17, 2016, 6:10:02 PM1/17/16
On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 11:53 AM, Mentor Palokaj <men...@palokaj.co> wrote:
There is no actual infographic on the page, you are referring to the slider right?

Yes

ny inline styles are done by the pagespeed module, and not me. I hate inline :)

AFAICT one of your javascript files sets the inline styles to the dom after onload.

Otto