Heron's Head blitz PR: All Hands on Deck!

Dan Rademacher

Oct 28, 2014, 12:52:13 AM10/28/14
to peter....@sfgov.org, Alison Young, Ken McGary, N4N Bioblitz
Hi everybody,

Just wanted to check in on outreach for our Nov. 8 event. We posted to Nerds social media, Meetup.com, BayNature.org and sf.funcheap.com (no evidence they've posted yet), but the RSVPs are only trickling in. So far, Meetup.com is the biggest draw.

That's pretty normal -- 80% of RSVPs come in the last 2 weeks--but we're now in the last two weeks, and we can't assume a final flood of responses unless we keep on getting the word out.

Ken, you mentioned knowing lots of neighborhood groups. Could you send them PR info?

Peter, are we on track to get into the SF Parks and Rec newsletter? When does that go out?

Everyone, find PR language (including ideas for tweets and calendar listings) in this doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VKqaesu6yAiO6DMe3tYf6OUoIOy-TgT-kw8SRvI0Ips/edit

Borrow, steal, modify! And post to your networks!

Thanks,
Dan

Brastow, Peter (ENV)

Oct 28, 2014, 11:42:57 AM10/28/14
to Dan Rademacher, Alison Young, Ken McGary, N4N Bioblitz

Thanks, Dan!

Re, RPD, I actually thought Ken was going to do that J.

I’m very happy too, if you know to whom I should send.

Connie?

Peter Brastow

Senior Biodiversity Coordinator
Department of the Environment

1455 Market Street, Suite 1200

San Francisco, CA 94103

peter....@sfgov.org  T: (415) 355-3733

http://www.sfenvironment.org/biodiversity

SFEnvironment.org | Facebook | Twitter | Newsletter

When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.  - Aldo Leopold

Ken McGary

Oct 28, 2014, 2:23:21 PM10/28/14
to Brastow, Peter (ENV), Dan Rademacher, Alison Young, N4N Bioblitz
Our McLaren Park graphics artist Tom Scott confirms that Elton Pon is the RPD contact for the newsletter, I'll cc you on a quick into email shortly.

Ken