BioFest tomorrow 10/31 + other events

Peter Werner

Oct 30, 2015, 7:59:56 PM10/30/15
to SFMS list, BAMS List, Merritt Microscopy list, Nerds for Nature BioBlitz group
Sorry for the late notice on this, but Merritt College will be holding
BioFest 4, tomorrow 10/31 (Halloween), from 1-4 PM. This will be at the
new Barbara Lee Science Building (Building S), 1-4 PM. The San Francisco
Microscopical Society, Bay Area Mycological Society, and the various
Biological Sciences programs at Merritt College will all be represented
and have displays set up. (Also, a heads up for experienced
microscopists, that we could definitely use help with outreach to the
general public with our microscope displays, both in helping with
viewing and interpretation of what's being seen.)

Coming up next week at Counter Culture Labs (at the Omni Commons, 4799
Shattuck Avenue, Oakland), Friday November 6th, will be a Fermentation
Microscopy event, from 7-10 PM. A microscopy viewing event emphasizing
fermenting microbes of cheese, bread, bear & wine, vinegar, tempeh, etc,
and the roles they play in flavoring food.

Merritt Microscopy will also have a table at the upcoming Bay Area
Science Festival Discovery Days at ATT Park, San Francisco, Saturday,
November 7th, from 11-5 PM.

Finally, on November 11th, 7 PM, at the new location of the Randall
Museum (745 Treat Ave, San Francisco, CA 94110), San Francisco
Microscopical Society will be presenting Dr. Greg Antipa on the topic of
"50 Years of Protozoology".

Peter Werner

Nov 1, 2015, 6:51:52 PM11/1/15
to SFMS list, BAMS List, Merritt Microscopy list, Nerds for Nature BioBlitz group
Hi - My profuse apologies for sending out bad info the other day. I had
noted the Next SFMS Meeting was on the 11th, as we have typically have
meetings on 2nd Wednesday evenings. However, due to the closure of the
Randall Museum for Veteran's Day on that date, we have moved the date to
Thursday, November 12th. Other details remain the same. The corrected
notice should read:

: Finally, on Thursday, November 12th, 7 PM, at the new location of the