Aliant Modem IP Address?

duende

Oct 8, 2009, 1:09:16 PM10/8/09
Does anyone know off-hand what the ip address is for your Aliant
modem? I don't mean the router address (192.168.2.1), but the page to
bring up your modem statistics and stuff. I know its a different
address, but its been over a year since i pulled it up and i can't
remember what it is now.

My modem/router acts as modem only to my linksys router.

World of wow

Oct 8, 2009, 1:21:19 PM10/8/09
what is the type of modem that you have?
"duende" <cqui...@gmail.com> wrote in message

duende

Oct 8, 2009, 1:26:40 PM10/8/09
On Oct 8, 3:21 pm, "World of wow" <b...@blah.com> wrote:
> what is the type of modem that you have?"duende" <cquill...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Does anyone know off-hand what the ip address is for your Aliant
> > modem?  I don't mean the router address (192.168.2.1), but the page to
> > bring up your modem statistics and stuff.  I know its a different
> > address, but its been over a year since i pulled it up and i can't
> > remember what it is now.
>
> > My modem/router acts as modem only to my linksys router.

Not quite sure what the exact model is, i got it last year, and its on
my 10Mb connection. Its non-wireless. I'm RDP'ing into my box at
home, so I can't visually see it right now.

I seem to remember something like 192.168.254.1 or something like that.

duende

Oct 8, 2009, 1:30:49 PM10/8/09

Identical to this: http://gigaset.siemens.com/repository/1389/138936/SE567_left_angle_220x279.jpg

The site that's on says its a Siemens Gigaset SE567 , but it says
that's wireless as well, but mine is not.

World of wow

Oct 8, 2009, 1:58:24 PM10/8/09
try 192.168.254.254

"duende" <cqui...@gmail.com> wrote in message

duende

Oct 8, 2009, 2:09:51 PM10/8/09
On Oct 8, 3:58 pm, "World of wow" <b...@blah.com> wrote:
> try 192.168.254.254"duende" <cquill...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Oct 8, 3:26 pm, duende <cquill...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Oct 8, 3:21 pm, "World of wow" <b...@blah.com> wrote:
>
> > > what is the type of modem that you have?"duende" <cquill...@gmail.com>
> > > wrote in message

> > Not quite sure what the exact model is, i got it last year, and its on
> > my 10Mb connection. Its non-wireless. I'm RDP'ing into my box at
> > home, so I can't visually see it right now.
>
> > I seem to remember something like 192.168.254.1 or something like that.
>
> Identical to this:http://gigaset.siemens.com/repository/1389/138936/SE567_left_angle_22...

> The site that's on says its a Siemens Gigaset SE567 , but it says
> that's wireless as well, but mine is not.

Yeah, tried that one too.

Oh well, was just wondering if anyone knew off the top of their head.
No matter.

Duane

Oct 8, 2009, 2:12:02 PM10/8/09

try 192.168.2.254

duende

Oct 8, 2009, 2:19:16 PM10/8/09

No dice either.

It may be that I had my setup different last year when I accessed it.
I used to use the routing function in the modem until i hooked up my
linksys router, and didn't want to try and forward ports through
both. Its probably not able to traverse the internel network with the
current setup.

Cornerguy

Oct 8, 2009, 3:16:24 PM10/8/09

> I seem to remember something like 192.168.254.1 or something like that.

The site that's on says its a Siemens Gigaset SE567 , but it says
that's wireless as well, but mine is not.

The 567 modem is also a wireless router.
You just have to go in and set up the wireless info and then you won't
need the linksys router.
The 567 can handle 4 Ethernet computers and whatever wireless devices
you have.

duende

Oct 8, 2009, 4:02:48 PM10/8/09
On Oct 8, 5:16 pm, "Cornerguy" <rso-l...@myamail.com> wrote:
> > I seem to remember something like 192.168.254.1 or something like that.
>
> Identical to this:http://gigaset.siemens.com/repository/1389/138936/SE567_left_angle_22...

> The site that's on says its a Siemens Gigaset SE567 , but it says
> that's wireless as well, but mine is not.
>
>     The 567 modem is also a wireless router.
>     You just have to go in and set up the wireless info and then you won't
> need the linksys router.
>     The 567 can handle 4 Ethernet computers and whatever wireless devices
> you have.

Um, no thanks, I'll stick with the Linksys router. Works much better
than any Aliant "router" will ever work.

Message has been deleted

Thomas Clancy

Oct 8, 2009, 6:08:37 PM10/8/09
On 08 Oct 2009 21:48:49 GMT, Bob Ster <Bobs...@gmail.com> did etch
in stone:

>It's the same address, except Aliant has the interface crippled by default.

I've had both the Speedstream and the Siemens, neither of which was
"crippled." If it were "crippled" how could they enter the PPPoE
authentication info? Or configure it for IPTV? Enable/disable the
wireless and/or router functions? I just pop the IP in the browser
and up it comes. The code (deleted) included does nothing special
other than save you the effort of typing http://192.168.2.1 :o)

If you want to get real lazy, and using Vista, just click
Start/Network/Modem ...

Regards,
Thomas

WARNING! EMAIL S~P~A~M~B~L~O~C~K~E~R PROTECTION WARNING!
Substitute 'HOTMAIL' for 'HAWTMAIL' when responding VIA email

Message has been deleted

Carter

Oct 8, 2009, 8:53:38 PM10/8/09
Bob Ster wrote:
> You are such a pompous ass.

There really isn't any point in reading any further than this.

<Childish tirade snipped>

Carter

Message has been deleted

Thomas Clancy

Oct 9, 2009, 1:25:16 PM10/9/09
On 08 Oct 2009 22:16:11 GMT, Bob Ster <Bobs...@gmail.com> did etch
in stone:

>You are such a pompous ass. If I go to url 192.168.2.1, I see

You want pompous.. ?!? :o) Let's start here: 192.168.2.1 is not a
URL, it's an IP address. For it (the IP address) to be considered a
URL you would have had to include the protocol being used, followed by
a ":" which is then followed by "//". I.e. http://192/168.2.1 would
be considered a URL

See here: http://www.w3.org/Addressing/URL/url-spec.txt for a complete
explanation :o)

>a dumbed down version of some pice of shit Aliant interface.
>My router/moden is a Speedstream 6300. Would you like to drop by
>and look for yourself :D

If pointing out the fact that typing 192.168.2,1 into the browser is
the same as going to a page that links to 192.168.2.1 makes me
"pompous" then I'd recommend you click here:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pompous

I'm not quite sure why you felt the need to name call/insult, as
again, all I did was point out that visiting a hyper link has the
exact same results as entering it directly into the browser. Further,
I simply provided yet another way, for those of us that couldn't be
bothered to A) type at all (aka lazy - no insult intended), or B)
copy/paste create the doc as previous instruction suggested or - and
here's the important part - C) Don't know the IP/URL to the device's
interface.

I think that about covers it...

Sign me,
One Pompous A$$ :o)

>Thomas Clancy <psx...@hawtmail.com> wrote in

Message has been deleted

duende

Oct 9, 2009, 2:27:38 PM10/9/09
On Oct 9, 4:07 pm, Bob Ster <Bobste...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I see.
>
> Thomas Clancy <psxn...@hawtmail.com> wrote innews:70ruc5hb5vipjjp49...@4ax.com:
>
> > On 08 Oct 2009 22:16:11 GMT, Bob Ster <Bobste...@gmail.com> did etch

> > in stone:
>
> >>You are such a pompous ass.  If I go to url 192.168.2.1, I see
>
> > You want pompous.. ?!?  :o)  Let's start here:  192.168.2.1 is not a
> > URL, it's an IP address.  For it (the IP address) to be considered a
> > URL you would have had to include the protocol being used, followed by
> > a ":" which is then followed by "//".  I.e.http://192/168.2.1would
> > be considered a URL
>
> > See here:http://www.w3.org/Addressing/URL/url-spec.txtfor a complete

> > explanation  :o)
>
> >>a dumbed down version of some pice of shit Aliant interface.
> >>My router/moden is a Speedstream 6300.  Would you like to drop by
> >>and look for yourself  :D
>
> > If pointing out the fact that typing 192.168.2,1 into the browser is
> > the same as going to a page that links to 192.168.2.1 makes me
> > "pompous" then I'd recommend you click here:
>
> >http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pompous
>
> > I'm not quite sure why you felt the need to name call/insult, as
> > again, all I did was point out that visiting  a hyper link has the
> > exact same results as entering it directly into the browser.  Further,
> > I simply provided yet another way, for those of us that couldn't be
> > bothered to A) type at all (aka lazy - no insult intended), or B)
> > copy/paste create the doc as previous instruction suggested or - and
> > here's the important part - C) Don't know the IP/URL to the device's
> > interface.
>
> > I think that about covers it...
>
> > Sign me,
> >     One Pompous A$$ :o)
>
> >>Thomas Clancy <psxn...@hawtmail.com> wrote in

> >>default.

> > Regards,
> >    Thomas
>
> > WARNING!   EMAIL S~P~A~M~B~L~O~C~K~E~R PROTECTION   WARNING!
> > Substitute 'HOTMAIL' for 'HAWTMAIL' when responding VIA email

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1907543

Message has been deleted