Storm-petrels in Whitbourne

Bill Montevecchi

Oct 4, 2015, 10:00:57 AM10/4/15
Just got a call about 6 dead/stranded storm-petrels in Whitbourne.

The young birds are fledging from Baccalieu, and this a good time to Holyrood and other sites around Conception Bay South.

Will be heading there later today.

Bill

Catherine

Oct 4, 2015, 10:33:19 AM10/4/15
Lisa de Leon and I have 3 leaches storm pertrels in Trepassey harbour.

Bill Montevecchi

Oct 4, 2015, 9:17:52 PM10/4/15
On Sunday, October 4, 2015 at 12:03:19 PM UTC-2:30, Catherine wrote:
> Lisa de Leon and I have 3 leaches storm pertrels in Trepassey harbour.

hundreds of storm-petrels off Holyrood Beach this afternoon.. some being chased by gulls and a good number being blown over the road and inland.

didn't see any dead ones on the road but no doubt many will not fare well