Cape St. Francis

edhayde...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2017, 3:15:35 PM6/24/17
Three highlights today remind me why I love birding:
- First view this season of Herring Gull feeding chicks, and chicks walking around in and near their nests, on Pigeon Island in Biscayan Cove
- Black Guillemot near the dock in Biscayan Bay grappling with a small, yellow-bellied sculpin in its bill and turning it around to swallow head first
- Three young ravens off the nest but flying around Church Cove squawking at us and flying real close, one landing within five metres to check us out

Ed, Dave and Jim