22 Red Knots at Bellevue

Ed Hayden

Aug 26, 2015, 5:58:59 PM8/26/15
Was back at Bellevue Beach today for five hours of excellent birding in ideal conditions and observed the ongoing great variety (31 species) of birds, including 22 Red Knots (not one in breeding plumage), which dropped to ten as high tide approached near the time I was leaving, 50 Ruddy Turnstones, 35 Black-bellied Plovers, 30 White-rumped Sandpipers, just 10 Semipalmated Sandpipers, 40 Semipalmated Plovers, a Short-billed Dowitcher and a Sanderling, and the ongoing Bonaparte's and Black-headed Gulls. Had a Common Yellowthroat on the way out across the first part of the beach. No sign of the Black Tern.

Gene Herzberg

Aug 27, 2015, 6:45:15 AM8/27/15
We were there the day before from low until high tide. Only one red knot, a juvenile, no dowitchers or sanderlings but did have a juvenile dunlin. Other species and numbers similar to Ed's post.

Gene and Karen