Nashville Warbler offshore

brucema...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2016, 11:44:34 AM9/28/16
This morning a Nashville Warbler spent time with a Savannah Sparrow hopping around on the back of the supply vessel that I am on near Hibernia - 325 km east of Cape Race. Other land birds on the ship briefly were Baltimore Oriole and 2 American Pipits.

Yesterday watched a Northern Harrier soaring high overhead. It never came down to rest on a ship or The Rig. I lost sight of it in a heavy rain squall as it was sailing off to the east. It appeared to be carrying a Work Visa for either Iceland or Ireland - couldn't quite make out the lettering.

B Mactavish

David Shepherd

Sep 28, 2016, 3:56:57 PM9/28/16
Bruce

No Swainson's Thrushes or Y-b Cuckoos? Two and 1 respectively have arrived in the Western Isles of Scotland in the last 2 days!

DS

Dave Brown

Sep 29, 2016, 3:06:02 PM9/29/16
Swainson's Thush! I never even had a Hermit Thrush! Weather maps have been exciting for the last few days. Things could change tomorrow.

Dave

David Shepherd

Sep 29, 2016, 3:25:00 PM9/29/16
New arrivals today - Rose-breasted Grosbeak (which you did have) and Eastern Kingbird - the first in Ireland, the second in the Outer Isles.

Scilly really is getting left out these days - just a Red-eyed Vireo so far - and Buff-breasted Sandpipers on St Mary's airfield; but they're all over the place as are Pecs.

Surprising numbers of Baird's ans Semi-pal Sands in particular.

I agree tomorrow could good.

DS