Male Northern Shoveler Foxtrap

Brad James

Apr 11, 2017, 8:22:03 AM4/11/17
I just got back from my morning jog and spotted a Male Northern Shoveler in the marshy area next to the boat basin. Park at the end of Fagans Rd and it was on the right hand side next to the little bridge.

Tony L.

Apr 11, 2017, 10:05:31 AM4/11/17
On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 9:52:03 AM UTC-2:30, Brad James wrote:
> I just got back from my morning jog and spotted a Male Northern Shoveler in the marshy area next to the boat basin. Park at the end of Fagans Rd and it was on the right hand side next to the little bridge.

Perhaps the same bird that was at the Topsail sewage outlet earlier this year.

Mark Hayward

Apr 11, 2017, 3:28:57 PM4/11/17
On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 9:52:03 AM UTC-2:30, Brad James wrote:
> I just got back from my morning jog and spotted a Male Northern Shoveler in the marshy area next to the boat basin. Park at the end of Fagans Rd and it was on the right hand side next to the little bridge.

That's where he went! I was keeping tabs on him at Topsail Pond Marsh until April 3rd!

Thanks!

Mark Hayward

Apr 11, 2017, 6:09:37 PM4/11/17
Shoveler in Marsh closer to marina at 7:00pm. He was skittish and flew away if I came remotely close. Managed to get a low quality confirmatory photo.

Looked like the same guy to me as was seen at Topsail Pond.

MH

Brad James

Apr 13, 2017, 12:07:49 PM4/13/17
Still present in the same area this morning. Appears to be a little more comfortable in its surrounds as it did not flush when I stopped jogging and watched it feed from only a few feet away...now if I had my camera with me I'm sure it would have taken off immediately

Brad James

Apr 27, 2017, 7:48:06 AM4/27/17
For anyone interested the Northern Shoveler is still hanging out in the same area as of 9:00am this morning

Vernon Buckle

Apr 27, 2017, 11:11:11 AM4/27/17
It was present at 12:30pm until it saw my camera. Sorry in advance.

Vernon