Blue-gray Gnatcatcher - QV lake

brucema...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2017, 11:57:23 AM10/23/17
There is a Blue-gray Gnatcatcher at Quidi Vidi Lake in the willows at mouth of Virginia River. Alone but regularly calling

1330
B Mactavish

Alison

Oct 23, 2017, 2:43:54 PM10/23/17
Still calling and hopping around the willows at 4:10 pm.

Alison & Ethel

Shawn

Oct 26, 2017, 11:05:22 AM10/26/17
On Monday, October 23, 2017 at 4:13:54 PM UTC-2:30, Alison wrote:
> Still calling and hopping around the willows at 4:10 pm.
>
> Alison & Ethel

I posted a short but interesting video clip of the Gnatcatcher at the following link...

https://www.facebook.com/iNikonShawn/videos/10159423950630175/

Shawn

Ian Winter

Oct 30, 2017, 10:15:37 AM10/30/17
Along the Virginia Trail behind Legipn this morning 1130

Jared Clarke

Nov 1, 2017, 11:27:13 AM11/1/17
The Gnatcatcher was along the lower end of the Virginia River Trail again this morning (Nov 1). After an hour of searching (and probably hearing it once or twice), I eventually located it on the upstream side of the bridge crossing the Boulevard. After a few minutes it flew ~30m further upstream behind the Legion, where it fed deeper in the foliage and disappeared a few minutes later. Seems totally comfortable along that stretch of the river and was getting plenty of bugs in the warm sunshine during the 15 minutes we saw it.

Jared
D Hawkins

Les Sweetapple

Nov 2, 2017, 6:16:56 PM11/2/17
The Blue Grey Gnatcatcher was in the same area this am. Appearing to be in good shape. I found it later again further up the trail. As Jared mentioned it seems comfortable along that stretch of the river.
Les

Ian Winter

Nov 3, 2017, 9:02:35 AM11/3/17
Still here again this AM 1030