Alder Eating Machine is on Cape Spear road !

brucema...@gmail.com

Oct 7, 2015, 7:50:05 AM10/7/15
Guess it was naïve to think the attack on the roadside brush on the sides of the roadways on the Avalon Peninsula would spare the Cape Spear road - NOPE!!! The Mechanical Alder Eater is working at the base of the hill east of Blackhead this morning. There are "construction" signs all the way over the hill down to nearly the Blue Shack. I took a few pictures for the Memory. A SAD SAD day in Newfoundland birding history....

B Mactavish

ILJones

Oct 7, 2015, 10:00:21 AM10/7/15
This is very sad.

Would it be too much to hope that the machine could take out the blue shack and its associated junkyard? :-(

thefunkys...@gmail.com

Oct 7, 2015, 10:19:33 AM10/7/15
On Wednesday, 7 October 2015 11:30:21 UTC-2:30, ILJones wrote:
> This is very sad.
>
> Would it be too much to hope that the machine could take out the blue shack and its associated junkyard? :-(

The big joke is before this massive alder cutting went on I hardly ever seen Moose on the roads of the Southern Shore and the new growth the grass and young juicy baby tree's I spot moose everywhere like never before now you ask me is it better to bring them all out of the woods like these cut aways have done moose on the roads is worse then it has ever been.Progression or regression?