Rusty Blackbird - April 25

jop...@nrcan.gc.ca

Apr 27, 2017, 3:33:14 PM4/27/17
During my brief trip to NL my father and I drove down the old Placentia road from Colinet to Southeast Placentia. A few birds worthy of mention included:

Gray Jay - 2 about two km. south of Cataracts Bridge
Rusty Blackbird - 1 about 500 m. south of Cataracts Bridge
Northern Harrier - 2 adult males about 7km. from Route 90 on the 9-Mile Road
Northern Harrier - 1 male about three km. south of Cataracts bridge
Ring-necked Duck - 3 drakes in the pond at the intersection of the Colinet Road and the North Harbour Road

According to Dr. Dovekie this is the first Rusty blackbird record for 2017.

JP