Pine Warbler - Trepassey West Side

billmac...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2015, 8:14:33 PM11/24/15
I found a bright Pine Warbler near the top of Fish Plant Rd this morning, along with a couple White-throated Sparrows. Two WT Sparrows also at Point Road area, but no warblers. Checklist here:

http://ebird.org/ebird/canada/view/checklist?subID=S25987246

Bill MacKenzie

lancy cheng

Nov 24, 2015, 8:25:08 PM11/24/15
Hi Bill,
How far were you from the Pine Warbler when taking photos?
Thanks!
Lancy

billmac...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2015, 9:08:04 PM11/24/15
I suppose 30 feet or so. It was near the top of that road, but down over the bank (on the water side).

Jared Clarke

Nov 24, 2015, 9:21:21 PM11/24/15
I'm pretty sure that "Pine Warbler" is actually a Baltimore Oriole. Although similar in colour, the bill shape is different and looks more like an oriole than a warbler.

Great bird, in any case!
Jared

lancy cheng

Nov 24, 2015, 9:26:32 PM11/24/15
Agree. In addition to what Jared said, I tried to figure what was the distance and if it's possible to estimate the size: Baltimore Oriole is bigger.
It's a great bird and is getting greater when winter is closer :)
Lancy

billmac...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2015, 9:37:39 PM11/24/15
My mistake. I also heard from Alvan, so that's three votes for Baltimore Oriole!

lancy cheng

Nov 24, 2015, 9:40:59 PM11/24/15
He may form a majority government!
:P