Hoodwinked by a Hybrid?

CreamSkimmer

Jan 16, 2017, 4:23:03 PM1/16/17
As a follow-up to my posting about the yellow legged gull observation I need to note that it might have been a great blackback/glaucous hybrid. I didn't realize this combination could be so much paler than a great black back or even that adult hybrids like this were seen around here.

I didn't see the legs of this gull as all birds were resting on their stomachs in the strong winds on the day.

Overall a good learning experience on gull observations!

Thanks to Anne Hughes for alerting me to this possibility and to Lancy for some hybrid photos.

Chris Brown