Adult Black-headed Gull, West end QV Monday afternoon

lancy cheng

Apr 23, 2018, 1:24:03 PM4/23/18

Dave Brown

Apr 24, 2018, 7:53:14 PM4/24/18
It saddens me, that this is now noteworthy...

Dave Brown

Helen Norman

Apr 24, 2018, 10:34:33 PM4/24/18
Don’t understand your comment?..
We

Dave Brown

Apr 24, 2018, 10:48:08 PM4/24/18
There was a time, not long ago when Black-headed Gulls were too common in St.John’s to warrant mentioning.However, they’re gotten much rarer since the closure of the Pier 17 sewer outflow. Basically, I’m lamenting the decrease in BHGU numbers in St.John’s.

Dave Brown

Howard Clase

Apr 25, 2018, 6:55:02 AM4/25/18
Thirty or forty years ago there were often fifty to a hundred Black-headed Gulls at Quidi Vidi during the winter.

Shawn

Apr 25, 2018, 10:18:10 AM4/25/18
When the “bubble” was still a thing in the harbour near Pier 17, and we were still allowed to be there, I was fortunate to photograph many BHGU’s often lined up on the very thick docking ropes tethered to the ships docked there. Sad, that both are no longer a thing, albeit, obviously, laughably sad, that we (Birders) could miss the connection to them (Gulls) being there. Still, it is nice that periodically we are graced with the odd sighting of one nowadays around QVL. I always enjoy seeing them. I understand that Bellevue Beach is a place that a few can still be seen somewhat regularly.

Shawn