Sora-like bird, Virginia Lake, Thursday evening

lancy cheng

Aug 25, 2016, 5:48:24 PM8/25/16
I didn't hear it. I saw it in a short flight, mostly away from me, before it landed and disappeared among weeds at the Least bittern spot. It had sora's head and facial pattern. Didn't see other details except it's overall dark.
A half dozen Ospreys.
One dozen Ring-necked Ducks.
A half dozen swallows. One tree. One had pale forehead and no fork tail seen (it doesn't mean it didn't have one)
LC

edhayde...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2016, 7:32:18 AM8/26/16
Sora still at Virginia Lake darting in and out of reeds near delta at 9 a.m.

Lisa

Aug 26, 2016, 10:31:04 AM8/26/16
On Friday, August 26, 2016 at 9:02:18 AM UTC-2:30, edhayde...@gmail.com wrote:
> Sora still at Virginia Lake darting in and out of reeds near delta at 9 a.m.

Images of the bird are here: http://retiringwithlisadeleon.blogspot.ca/2016/08/sora-op.html

brucema...@gmail.com

Aug 27, 2016, 7:35:29 AM8/27/16
Didn't see the sora during a brief check Saturday morning but there was a Pectoral Sandpiper with the Greater Yellowlegs

B Mactavish

David Smith

Aug 27, 2016, 8:30:54 AM8/27/16
I think I may have seen it earlier this morning, about 7:00AM in the heavy rain, ,but it was flying a couple of times over by the Least Bittern spot and so I could not really tell if it was the Sora or not. But there was a bird flying around the reeds.

Also, saw the very calm Pectoral.

dsmith

Peter Shelton

Aug 28, 2016, 5:10:36 AM8/28/16
Good views at 6am (Sunday) feeding at edge of reeds near beach.

Les Sweetapple

Aug 29, 2016, 6:04:26 AM8/29/16
Sora showed up at 710 am monday
Les

ilwi...@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2016, 8:26:55 PM8/29/16
On Monday, August 29, 2016 at 7:34:26 AM UTC-2:30, Les Sweetapple wrote:
> Sora showed up at 710 am monday
> Les

Seen again around 0900.I posted a picture on the NL Birdwatchers FB page.