Nevilles Pond update - 6 Oct

brucema...@gmail.com

Oct 6, 2015, 11:40:02 AM10/6/15
Nevilles Pond for lunch. It was warm in the sun. Good feeding for the wigeon on floating aquatic weed.

Eurasian Wigeon - 1 adult male in eclipse plumage

American Wigeon - 21 some adult males in full 'breeding' plumage while others like the Eurasian still in full eclipse

Lesser Scaup - 1 female, the only diving duck.

Blacks, Mallards, farm ducks - dozens.

B Mactavish

Frank KING

Oct 7, 2015, 6:25:45 PM10/7/15
On Tuesday, October 6, 2015 at 1:10:02 PM UTC-2:30, brucema...@gmail.com wrote:
Visited Nevilles Pond in the fog and cold this morning. First outing in Newfoundland for me for over two months. The Domestic Ducks were the first to approach, followed by the Mallards and than the American Black Ducks. The numbers were similar to those posted by Bruce for October 6th.

The Wigeons were staying out in the middle of the pond and down towards the southwest corner. I got good binocular views of the American Wigeon and I counted 9.

Brad James

Oct 8, 2015, 11:00:56 AM10/8/15
In case anyone is interested in seeing the Eurasian Wigeon in its Eclipse plumage https://www.flickr.com/photos/bradsnaturephotography/21846040328/