Bear Cove Point Road

lago...@gmail.com

Jul 20, 2016, 5:57:07 PM7/20/16
We did a late afternoon walk along the road between 2:30 and 4:00 PM

Only birds of note were a singing Mourning Warbler and a vocalizing adult Gray Jay. While all the cutting is depressing, one positive is that the habitat has improved for Mourning Warblers. I have found them regular in recent years.

My wife walked to the lighthouse. She noted lots of shearwater and whale action off the shore.

Around Renews noted a Black Duck with 9 chicks. Nothing of note in a very brief stop at the berm at Renews.

Jeff

In a recent trip to St. Vincents noted lots of Arctic Terns on the sandbar which is exposed at low tide. They must have found a new place to nest.