Bellview Beach - July 22, 2016 - Osprey, Gulls, Sandpipers, Greater Yellowlegs, Plovers

Frank KING

Jul 23, 2016, 6:24:18 AM7/23/16
Great weather for the month of July and a good opportunity to get out and about. I made a visit to Bellevue Beach. It was surprisingly quiet with very few visitors. The Capelin were offshore and there were lots of Ring-billed Gulls, Herring Gulls and Great Black-backed Gulls about. The Common Tern was keeping to the inner harbour and the sand bars.

I arrived as the tide was going out and hung around long enough for the tidal flats to show the muscle beds. The Greater Yellowlegs and the Semipalmated Plovers appeared. The Spotted Sandpipers were hanging about in the inner waters. The Savannah Sparrows were everywhere

Four Ospreys circled overhead. There were very few woodland birds. One Gray Jay appeared briefly.

ID photos published on Flickr at
https://www.flickr.com/photos/126304632@N05/sets/72157668498972594/