Southern Shore.... Greater Yellow Legs

Shawn

Apr 17, 2014, 7:09:50 PM4/17/14
For all interested in a weekend excursion, this week should be better than last week in that, it'll likely be too cold for fog. But, as far as birds go, not much more based on today. Renews; Five Common loons, six Canada Geese, One Greater Yellow Legs. Capahayden, four Am. Robins feeding in the kelp bed, and looking rather haggard and starved really. Also one Flat tire there. Thankful for large beach rock to knock the seized on wheel free. One Muskrat in the pond on the right, just before the turn-off to Brigus South. Fermuese five Common Mergansers, three males and two females. A mixture of Herring and Ring-billed gulls in most water along the way, with the exception of Capahayden; I was surprised because I usually see them nice and close there, but today, no. Trepassy, "Stoney River" one Canada goose. No sign of the GBH. The ponds are mostly open now, and those that aren't fully, are only covered with a loose topping of rotting ice. By the weekend, it should have all but disappeared. Other than the GYL in Renews, not much to talk about really. With my one and only spare tire used up, I didn't venture out the Cape Race road.

Shawn