Google Групи вече не поддържа нови публикации или абонаменти в Usenet. Съдържанието за минали периоди остава видимо.

Wilson's Snipe and Baird's Sandpiper

137 показвания
Преминаване към първото непрочетено съобщение

Clyde Thornhill

непрочетено,
23.09.2016 г., 11:36:1823.09.16 г.
до
At 12:30pm today there were 4 Wilson's Snipe in the wet area on the corner of Ruby Line and Back Line. There may have more there in the long grass as I counted 10 there one fall. I guess they are flocking up for the big southern trip.

The Baird's Sandpiper was alone in the field on the Back Line.

Bhill

непрочетено,
23.09.2016 г., 14:09:4223.09.16 г.
до
On Friday, September 23, 2016 at 1:06:18 PM UTC-2:30, Clyde Thornhill wrote:
> At 12:30pm today there were 4 Wilson's Snipe in the wet area on the corner of Ruby Line and Back Line. There may have more there in the long grass as I counted 10 there one fall. I guess they are flocking up for the big southern trip.
>
> The Baird's Sandpiper was alone in the field on the Back Line.

Was there about 2 hours later. Then there were 5 snipe and the Baird's, presumably, was still there with 4 other sandpipers. Will have to study pics and books before ID'ing them. Brian

Clyde Thornhill

непрочетено,
23.09.2016 г., 18:44:2223.09.16 г.
до
Brian, maybe to help you with the Id, the Baird's has been present with 4 pectoral sandpipers(yellow legs) a semi-palmated sandpiper(black legs)a Least Sandpiper(yellow legs)and 6 or so Semi-palmated plovers.

Bhill

непрочетено,
24.09.2016 г., 7:58:5724.09.16 г.
до
On Friday, September 23, 2016 at 1:06:18 PM UTC-2:30, Clyde Thornhill wrote:
> At 12:30pm today there were 4 Wilson's Snipe in the wet area on the corner of Ruby Line and Back Line. There may have more there in the long grass as I counted 10 there one fall. I guess they are flocking up for the big southern trip.
>
> The Baird's Sandpiper was alone in the field on the Back Line.

Thanks for this, Clyde. Didn't have a chance to look at the pics in detail until now and we do indeed appear to have the Baird's with the 4 Pectorals, both new for me. Brian

Les Sweetapple

непрочетено,
24.09.2016 г., 15:36:5024.09.16 г.
до
On Friday, 23 September 2016 20:14:22 UTC-2:30, Clyde Thornhill wrote:
> Brian, maybe to help you with the Id, the Baird's has been present with 4 pectoral sandpipers(yellow legs) a semi-palmated sandpiper(black legs)a Least Sandpiper(yellow legs)and 6 or so Semi-palmated plovers.

Photos of Baird's and Buff breasted sandpipers, Back Line, Goulds:

If anyone is still looking for the Baird's sandpiper and is having problems in id.ing this bird, here are a few photos that may help. Note the wing tips extend beyond tail tip. Also the legs are black as Clyde previously stated.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/115556479@N08/

Les
0 нови съобщения