Yellow-wash Bird

Lisa

Sep 26, 2016, 12:13:39 PM9/26/16
I have photos of a pale yellow bird seen at the tree line before Cape Spear. At first, I thought it was a Philadelphia Vireo. Input from another has floated the idea of a Tennessee Warbler. Whatever it is, it is atypical. The stout bill prompted the thought of a vireo, yet the whitish color under the tail does not fit a Philadelphia. Likelihood: Tennessee. I will continue to study it.

Also seen this morning: 1 Wilson's 7 Yellow-rumped Warblers and 2 Red-eyed Vireos. The vireos were at the bus shelter pit.

David Shepherd

Sep 26, 2016, 5:32:32 PM9/26/16
What colour were the legs, Lisa?

Lisa

Sep 27, 2016, 4:26:15 AM9/27/16
On Monday, September 26, 2016 at 7:02:32 PM UTC-2:30, David Shepherd wrote:
> What colour were the legs, Lisa?

The legs are a pale flesh color.

Dave Brown

Sep 27, 2016, 11:35:30 AM9/27/16
If you haven't figured it out yet, I'd be happy to look at the photos.

Dave Brown

Jared Clarke

Sep 27, 2016, 12:35:22 PM9/27/16
The photos now appear on Lisa's blog at the link below. The bird is indeed a Tennessee Warbler - lovely!

http://retiringwithlisadeleon.blogspot.ca/2016/09/probably-tennessee-warbler.html

Cheers,
Jared

David Shepherd

Sep 27, 2016, 4:18:36 PM9/27/16
Tennessee indeed!

Notice the legs aren't blue. MOst vireo's have bluish. Also the bill is not a vireo's.

Cheers

Dave

Lisa

Sep 28, 2016, 3:38:48 AM9/28/16
On Monday, September 26, 2016 at 1:43:39 PM UTC-2:30, Lisa wrote:
> I have photos of a pale yellow bird seen at the tree line before Cape Spear. At first, I thought it was a Philadelphia Vireo. Input from another has floated the idea of a Tennessee Warbler. Whatever it is, it is atypical. The stout bill prompted the thought of a vireo, yet the whitish color under the tail does not fit a Philadelphia. Likelihood: Tennessee. I will continue to study it.
>
> Also seen this morning: 1 Wilson's 7 Yellow-rumped Warblers and 2 Red-eyed Vireos. The vireos were at the bus shelter pit.

Thanks to all who helped with this bird.