Snowy Owl

Loretta in CBS

Nov 26, 2015, 8:32:53 AM11/26/15
Presently sitting on a rooftop at 78 Calver Ave. St. John's.

Loretta

thefunkys...@gmail.com

Nov 26, 2015, 9:07:31 AM11/26/15
On Thursday, 26 November 2015 10:02:53 UTC-3:30, Loretta in CBS wrote:
> Presently sitting on a rooftop at 78 Calver Ave. St. John's.
>
> Loretta

Hoping he is still there just rigging up my bike and hiking bag cab driver told me it's in Rabbit town.

thefunkys...@gmail.com

Nov 26, 2015, 10:16:46 AM11/26/15
Must have left checked the whole neighborhood.

Loretta in CBS

Nov 26, 2015, 10:25:59 AM11/26/15
Yes. A colleague of mine, who lives in the neighborhood confirmed seeing it fly off. I will post again if it returns.

joh...@gmail.com

Nov 26, 2015, 12:33:08 PM11/26/15
On Thursday, November 26, 2015 at 10:02:53 AM UTC-3:30, Loretta in CBS wrote:
> Presently sitting on a rooftop at 78 Calver Ave. St. John's.
>
> Loretta

The owl did not leave, we were able to follow the crows and locate it on the roof of an apartment building near the Ultramar Gas Station. Local residents told us it was around on various roofs all morning. The crows incessantly mobbed the owl and it flew to other houses in the area.

As an aside, Dave and I got great views of the Blue Headed Vireo in the west section of the Waterford Graveyard. We were surprised to find a black and White warblers with the chickadees in the same area.

Cheers,
J.Williams
D. Hawkins