Rusty Blackbird Migration Blitz begins in NL tomorrow!

Krista

Apr 25, 2015, 12:25:35 PM4/25/15
The Rusty Blackbird Migration Blitz begins in Newfoundland and Labrador tomorrow. Please consider helping with this international initiative. It couldn't be easier - look for as many Rusty Blackbirds as possible between now and the end of May, then submit your results online. Let's see who in NL can find the most! See below for more information:

The Rusties are coming! Rusty Blackbirds are moving northward from their southeastern U.S. wintering grounds, and they are headed towards Newfoundland and Labrador so get ready to go out and start searching! The Rusty Blackbird Spring Migration Blitz officially opens in Newfoundland and Labrador tomorrow, and we encourage all birders to participate. Helping out is easy - bird as you normally do and search especially carefully for Rusty Blackbirds, and report your results to eBird (ebird.org) under the "Rusty Blackbird Spring Migration Blitz" survey type.

For more information on Blitz objectives, along with Rusty Blackbird identification tips, data collection instructions, and data reporting information, check out our website: http://rustyblackbird.org/outreach/migration-blitz/. Or follow us on Facebook to hear about Rusty sightings, see Rusty pictures, and get the latest Blitz news: https://www.facebook.com/rustyblackbirdspringblitz

We hope you'll "get Rusty" with us to help conserve this elusive and vulnerable songbird!

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at
Krista...@ec.gc.ca, (709)772-3739.