Waling St. John's

Lisa

Nov 22, 2015, 10:42:01 AM11/22/15
White Hills Trail: 40 juncos, 3 Boreal Chickadees, 5 Goldfinch and 1 Song Sparrow. One possible warbler not seen well at top of hill near the stone barriers. Someone has put out a suet cage there, but it doesn't seem used.
Cuckhold's Cove Trail: 6 White-winged Crossbill; 12 Goldfinch; 1 White-throated Sparrow; 3 Purple Finch.
Rennie's River Trail: Dip
Kelly's Brook: 8 juncos.

Beautiful day for a walk and for birds to go deeper into the woods.

lancy cheng

Nov 22, 2015, 10:04:07 PM11/22/15
The suet at White Hills Trail was placed on Friday. Birds may need some time to find it or get used to it.
The suet in Kelly's brook has been there for a week and is welcomed by 3 or 4 chickadees. Ten-ish juncos were seen during every of my visits but never on the suet. No warbler so far.
Another suet cake somewhere along Rennies river. Planning on putting out more but currently running out of cages.
Suet on sale in Canadian tire, 1.19 each. Was 1.00 each last year when 1 CAD was 1 USD.

thefunkys...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2015, 8:16:42 AM11/23/15
A cage was thrown on the ground away from the site in Bowring Park and I put it in my car,I use onion bags for suet so send me a message and I'll get it to you Lancy!

lancy cheng

Nov 23, 2015, 10:20:10 AM11/23/15
Thanks! You can hang it back somewhere near the stump and I will re-fill it sometime.

Randy Penney

Nov 23, 2015, 10:36:49 PM11/23/15
On Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 12:12:01 PM UTC-3:30, Lisa wrote:
good luck with the suet feeders. I've had 2 feeders "taken" in Bowring Park this fall.