How many young at that Ospreys' nest?

Michael Wilkshire

Aug 28, 2015, 3:00:17 PM8/28/15
I just posted a shot on Flickr of the Stavanger/Snows Lane Osprey nest at https://www.flickr.com/photos/mike_wilkshire/20769291080/in/dateposted-public/. I have heard some discussion about whether there were two or three young, but to me it looks like four immatures! Or am I mistaken? I would appreciate confirmation from anyone more experienced than I am. It was overcast and drizzly at that time.

Michael Wilkshire

Aug 28, 2015, 3:16:18 PM8/28/15

On reflectionm, it looks like only 3 immatures. Here's a closer look at the same shot. The head 3rd from the left has a white edge to it, whereas the others are more streaked. https://www.flickr.com/photos/mike_wilkshire/20965169041/in/dateposted-public/ It's hard to pick out against the sky, but it is there. That must be the other adult. But at least we know for sure there are 3 immatures.