Crows mobbing

alan.w...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2018, 7:16:11 AM1/16/18
I was at the golf course car park at the head of Nagles Hill road on Sunday afternoon when I spotted a large flock (murder) of Crows which were clearly mobbing something on the ridge of the golf course. A canine, to large for a fox, possibly a domestic dog, but I think more likely a coyote appeared in for fraction of second and I didn't have time to get the bins on it. A second or so later whatever it was had been driven into the woods and the crows settled in a clump of larches just below the ridge for few minutes before dispersing all over the hill side. I counted between 65 and 70 individuals. I have seen crows mobbing other birds before, but never a large mammal and not in such large numbers.