7 snipe Southern Shore

brucema...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2015, 5:58:56 PM3/28/15
Saw five snipe at Ferryland and two at Renews today. The five at Ferryland on The Valley Road. Sleeping constantly 9-11:30. No useful pictures of the suspected Common Snipe. When I passed by again at 1 pm there was only one Wilson's Snipe present.

Two snipe at Renews in the usual snipe spot off "The Quad". No geese on the inner harbour even though thawed out. Among 750 eiders off Bear Cove was one adult male King Eider.

Pair of Hairy Woodpeckers by the road at La Manche Ponds.

Ken, special message for you: 3 Pine Grosbeaks La Manche Ponds and three more in Bear Cove. They are not extinct as you claim.

B Mactavish

thefunkys...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2015, 6:43:38 PM3/28/15
One day during the winter when B.M you were scanning the ocean two Pine Grosbeaks were foraging for berries on the open grounds below the old light-house and my hiking buddy has sent me pictures of Pine Grosbeaks on the Black-head trail this winter.